Saturday, March 30, 2019

"What is Wrong With Asking for Proof?????" from march 23 2013

"What is Wrong With Asking for Proof?????"


I have to ask this as I have encountered people who get very miffed, to put it mildly, when I ask they proof what they say is truth with scripture. Why is that wrong??? why should I NOT ask for scriptural proof of theories people have that they want me to accept as proof???? Should we not base our beliefs on what scripture says??? I am not saying that without scriptural proof you are wrong but that without scriptural proof you only have a theory that may or may not be true and it is wrong to represent said theory as truth.

Some have tried to point to dreams, visions, and visitations as proof but we are not to build beliefs on anything but the bible it is the GOLD STANDARD. I would be fine if people said to me or posted ‘this is my theory but I don’t have proof’ but people invariably post or say things in a way that make it appear as truth when they have no proof.

Some have deflected the issue saying I am in the minority of opinion. But since when does that make one wrong?? were not the believers in Jesus the minority of Jews??? Are not those who believe in the rapture the minority of Christians??? If 99 people said the sky is purple and I say it is blue am I wrong because I am in the minority opinion???

I have no problem if what you present is a theory and you cant prove it but at least admit it is a theory with no proof and don’t insist it is the truth. Yes we may go to heaven and find that theory was right but for now we don’t know so all we can call it is a theory and we should do so.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment